“Architect Partners understood our business well and proactively brought a great strategic opportunity to us. They drove negotiations with the seller throughout the entire process and helped us achieve a very positive outcome for the deal.”
- Frank M. Shibuno, Ricoh Americas Chairman and President
Transaction Size: Undisclosed
- The acquisition of MindSHIFT significantly enhances Ricoh’s SMB service offering, moving the predominately managed print provider into the broader managed IT services market. Ricoh adds high margin services such as managed desktop, managed servers, virtual servers, virtual storage and cloud hosting, among others.
- Ricoh builds on its existing services organization, which consists of 8,000 specialists, and inherits highly skilled engineering talent and customer-facing resources. MindSHIFT brings 6,900 SMB and enterprise customers to Ricoh.
- Ricoh gains expertise in verticals such as legal, healthcare, financial services, education and non-profits.
- This transaction highlights the increasing consolidation of managed IT service providers, as companies seek to offer customers “one-stop shopping” solutions encompassing a breadth of service needs.
- MindSHIFT’s managed IT services squarely fall into one of Ricoh’s top three strategic priorities.
- Architect Partners initiated discussions between Ricoh and MindSHIFT.
- Identified and articulated the strategic rationale supporting the transaction, including potential business synergies between the two companies.
- Intensive involvement helping Ricoh’s senior management team assess the competitive landscape to assist with multiple round bid strategies.
- Positioned Ricoh as the most attractive buyer among a large pool of potential buyers, achieving exclusivity in the due diligence process.
- Quarterbacked negotiating strategy and final negotiations.
To learn more about this transaction, view the full M&A Alert here.