Purchase price not disclosed
- Mobidia had built a well-regarded position providing the broadest sample of actual mobile app usage data.
- Competitors and new entrants had raised over $250mm in the past year, and Mobidia risked being left behind. In this context it made strategic sense to combine with a well-funded partner,
- App Annie was a fast-growing, market-leader which had recently raised $xx in new financing.
- App Annie offered app download data via a very popular dashboard, and had announced plans to enter Mobidia’s app usage data space
- This was a make-versus-buy decision, and App Annie decided that Mobidia’s 200+ country coverage could leverage it into the #1 position in the app usage space in a very short time
- Intensive involvement with identifying and articulating the strategic rationale supporting the transaction.
- AP helped the Mobidia Board and management team assess a range of strategic options, providing critical clarity to assist with decision-making.
- Quarterbacked negotiations and negotiating strategy.
- Negotiated a material improvement in final consideration over the initial LOI
To learn more about this transaction, view the full M&A Alert here.